Sunday, May 06, 2007

Per Annum

I keep a sort of mental running list of the books I'd like (in a perfect world) to read on an annual basis. I decided to put it down here so I would have something to come back to and edit as time goes by. It also gives you a chance to give me some feedback! So, without further ado, here is my list:

Knowing God by J. I. Packer
The Contemplative Pastor by Eugene Peterson
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J. R. R. Tolkien
Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis
The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis
The Great Divorce by C. S. Lewis
Perelandra by C. S. Lewis
The Persian Wars (also known as The Histories) by Herodotus (read at least one section annually without repeating sections until I have completed a reading cycle)

Can anyone recommend anything else? Remember...this isn't a list of great books. There are a lot of great books out there. This is a list of books so useful or classic that they should or could reasonably be read every year. Let me know!

No comments: